Friday, January 23, 2009

A walk down memory lane...

Today is Friday again. Which means it is the BSG result release day again. I suppose to a large probability, BD is the cause for my lack of enthusiasm for the coming Chinese New Year (though public holidays are always welcomed).

To some extent, today was an emo day... So I took a walk down memory lane. Back to the good old days where smiles were aplenty and carefree days seemed nearly endless.



Down came the photo albums...



Big big big outdoor picnics with the cousins and Nicholas and Geraldine's family were our regular wkend staples. :)



Where it took more effort not to lick off my lipstick then to actually graduate. LOL!



Where presentations didn't scare me, much less being an emcee on my own graduation day.



Dreams of stardom - even if it means acting pregnant... :P



In a LOL moment, I was a fat baby.



So fat my own mother had to put me on a diet before the age of 1. (I bet you guys are rolling about with laughter now..)



If the stories were true, I loved food so much I would give up my pacifier for some Honey Stars. That was apparently how mama got me to quit relying on my tutu (by throwing it down the bin in exchange for cornflakes) and when I cried for it later that night, she took me downstairs to the garbage bin and I was so turned off by the smell, I didn't need a tutu anymore. :P



The diet must hv worked coz I daresay I was pretty small a yr afterward.



Still not thin but small lah. Heee!



But I got rounder as I grew up. Too many Macdonalds?

A calls me yuan yuan now too. He probably meant it in a friendly way but I really v yuan meh? Urgh! :(



From a tender age, I developed the ability to spot a camera in action. :P



The fondness for men in uniform must hv started somewhere then too!



And so did my fascination with balloons~



Vainness needs to be slowly groomed which accounts for the narcissist me today. Eeek!



Rough and tumble!



Playtime means go all out!



Family time exist more than just grocery shopping and night suppers, unlike now. We used to deck out in our Sunday best and hit town till carparks charges and ERP made it silly to "bond" in such a way anymore. Poo!



Much as I like to complain abt having to share stuff and attn with the younger ones, having a big family has always been a blessing to me. The relentless company and fun times can nv be replaced with all the toys in the world but no one to play with.



Daddy's lil girl always.



Happiness like this is not easily replicated. :D



Youth also allows us to 'over-dress' and still get adoring cuddles.



Such as matching pouffy dresses! OMG~



Some of our attire is admittedly sorta chic.



But jailbait?!



Mis-matched?!?!?!?



And hmmm... No comments.



But I suppose kids get away with everything. And we can somehow still look cute despite being all sweaty and shagged frm playing too much.



Soon, Alisa hit the age to partake in our dresscode. :) Trix and me then turned frm matching duo to matching trio. HAHAHA! Sisters are just the best aren't they?



Before raging hormones got in the way and I went frm crushes to failed relationships, I had a very good friend.



So good, even the adults couldn't help teasing...



So good, we went on holidays tgt.



More than one holiday in fact...



Boyfriends try so hard to please the friends, please the parents but a kid waaaaay back could even charm the grandparents. Please do ignore my pants. I don't know what my mother was thinking then. o_0"



But somehow, meeting him meant tuition and swimming lessons which I hated. So oops!



Though for some time through my sec sch days, I supposed we qualified to be friends. But I let time just pass. So aft everything shared, today, he is just another person on my MSN list. A phone no. in my handphone which probably isn't even the latest.

Maybe over CNY when we meet (if we do meet) we could attempt to be more than mere acquaintances? But then again, I suppose there isn't much to say except "hi".



Another fond memory were birthdays... Which were plain at times...



But the cake always made up for it! *greedy*



On certain yrs, parties were held.



And me being me, could act cute my way to 2 cakes bcoz "but mommy, I can't decide........." :P



Unfortunately, I doubt I can ever find back this sort of happy. Ever.

Laughing when I feel like laughing, feeling so safe and secured in my little world. Sigh, I don't wanna grow up. :(



She'll dance away just like a child
She drives me crazy
Drives me wild
But I'm helpless when she smiles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home